CellDrop Cell Counters feature unique DirectPipette™ Technology to eliminate plastic slides and cumbersome hemocytometers from routine cell counting. Featuring dual fluorescence and brightfield optics, variable height sample chamber, and powerful, easy-to-use analysis software, the CellDrop enables the fastest cell counts, viability assessment, and GFP transfection efficiency measurements across the widest range of cell density, cell type and application.
The CellDrop Series brings the familiar Load, Measure & Wipe Clean functionality of microvolume spectrophotometers to cell counting. Traditional plastic slides or glass hemocytometers are replaced by two permanent optical sapphire surfaces. These are positioned parallel to one another by a calibration-free, high-precision mechanism, forming a chamber of precisely defined height. 10µL of cell suspension is pipetted into the chamber, analyzed and simply wiped away with a dry laboratory wipe. The powerful live-view image allows instant verification that cleaning has been successful.
Available in Dual Fluorescence and Brightfield (CellDrop FL) or Brightfield only (CellDrop BF) models.
- Similar to purchase of other cell counters on the market: instrument requires a disposable slide to operate
- Customer pays a lower price upfront and then pays each time a sample is measured (the count price)
- The hardware price and the count price for the PAYG option is similar to other cell counters on the market
- Counts are purchased from DeNovix (or its distributors) and entered as a code into the instrument software
- Each code is instrument-specific
- PAYG instruments can be upgraded to UNLTD at any time; 50% of the count codes purchased will count as credit towards the upgrade price
- Count codes can be applied to a single user account or shared across specified user accounts
- This option is the ideal solution for labs with smaller capital budgets or lower sample throughput looking to acquire high performance and flexible instrumentation
- The number of measurements remaining can be viewed at any time in the Count Code App; users are also alerted when the counts remaining drops below a user-settable threshold