Liquid Biopsy Urine DNA qPCR Mix 50 ml – 10000 Rxns
Urine is an ideal clinical specimen because it is excreted in large quantities, is non-invasive, and it can be self-sampled.
Urine specimens can be used in the early detection of minimal residual disease (MRD) of bladder cancer1 , kidney cancer2, cervical cancer3 and prostate cancer4. However, urine contains substances such as urea and nucleases that can damage DNA or inhibit the PCR reaction. Meridian’s Liquid Biopsy Urine qPCR Mix is unique in that it enables highly sensitive, very fast detection of target DNA directly from high concentrations of urine. Furthermore, this mix can be used in a wet format or lyophilized to create ambient-temperature stable.
Liquid biopsies enable cancer testing from non-invasive clinical samples
Liquid biopsy samples such as blood, urine, saliva and stool and is significantly less intrusive than surgical biopsy. It provides access to cell free DNA (cfDNA), enabling early detection cancer cells (before a tumour develops) and together with RNA detects non-shedding cancers. Liquid biopsies provide an easier and safer mode to monitoring disease recurrence, therapeutic selection and effectiveness.
- Ultra-sensitive detection down to less than 1 copy using direct amplification protocols.
- Inhibitor-tolerant to PCR inhibitors found in whole blood, serum, plasma.
- Tight fluorescence cluster with clear allele discrimination, perfect for difficult SNPs.
- Can be used in liquid or lyophilized, ideal for high-throughput or POC testing.
- Screening and early cancer detection
- Real-time monitoring of therapy
- Stratification and therapeutic intervention
- Therapeutic target and resistance mechanisms identification
- Risk for metastatic relapse (prognosis)